- Revill, The Roaring Silence, 2e
- Senor & Singer, Start-Up Nation
Spotify playlist for all of 2015 here.
Music I most enjoyed discovering this month:
- Afiara Quartet and Skratch Bastid, Spin Cycle (2015)
- Roomful of Teeth, Render (2015)
- Marvin Peterson, Hannibal (1975)
- Wreckmeister Harmonies, Night of Your Ascension (2015)
- Marvin Peterson, “Victor Nelson’s Cotton Field, Elgin, Texas, 1940” (1996)
- David Murray, “Sarah’s Lament” (1988)
- Olga Bell, Incitation (2015)
- Hans Reichel, Shanghaied on Tor Road (1992)
- Cecil McBee, Music from the Source (1977)
- Vijay Iyer, Radhe Radhe: Rites of Holi (2014)
- Duane Pitre, Bayou Electric (2015)
- James Newton, Water Mystery (2015)
Ones I really liked, or loved:
- Phoenix (2014, Christian Petzold)
Winter Shaker says
Happy to see you enjoy the marvelous sound of the Daxophone. In case you haven’t also heard it, I’d say that Hans Reichel’s later multi-tracked daxophone album Yuxo is a good bit more accessible than Shanghaied on Tor Road, if you can track it down.
Thanks, I’ll check it out!